It’s no surprise: Mainstreet.com reports that millennials are ditching banks for local, cooperatively owned credit unions. The customer-friendly service and simple, straightforward solutions that you demand are found at local, cooperatively owned financial institutions, so it makes sense.
Just in case you’re still asking, here are six other reasons to choose credit unions over banks:
1. Loans R us. You may need to secure loans, even if your credit isn’t in great shape. While banks tend to turn away millennials with low credit scores, credit union lenders roll up their sleeves and get to work.
2. We’re real people. You want to text or talk to a real person and get what you want, when you want it, and how you want it. Credit unions are about people helping people.
3. Got mobile. You demand access to your accounts whether you are at home or on the move. Credit unions offer tech and mobile services at the same level as banks.
4. Cool deals. You’re a smart social-media consumer who quickly identifies and shares opportunities, including for car loans or mortgages. Credit unions have the lowest rates and best terms.
5. It’s all about community. You value the role you play in your community. Out in the community is where credit unions can be found.
6. Low fees work. You’re on a tight budget. Credit unions charge lower overdraft fees than banks, more free checking and lower or no out-of-network ATM fees. Fewer fees at your credit union mean lower overall prices for top-quality financial services.
If you’re not a member of Mid Oregon Credit Union already, we want to meet you. Visit any of our convenient branches or check out our website at www.midoregon.com to get a glimpse of what we offer. If you’re already a member, thank you. We’d love to hear from you. Stop by today, email us or call (541) 382-1795.