Holiday Dough Helps Provide
The holiday season can be very difficult for many local families. The weather changes, and just having enough food can be a major concern. Mid Oregon Credit Union, along with other local businesses and organizations, has provided a way for our members- and the community- to help: Holiday Dough.
Our Holiday Dough fundraiser helps to provide holiday meals and food assistance to local families in need. Each of our branches has chosen an organization in their communities which helps fill this need.
Building on a successful 2018
We are encouraging the communities we serve to join us for the annual Holiday Dough Fundraiser in every Mid Oregon branch. These local charities provide food, clothing and shelter for individuals and families in the greatest need during the holidays.
Giving back to the community is a core value of Mid Oregon Credit Union, aligning with our credit union philosophy of “people helping people”. . In 2018, we almost DOUBLED the amount we raised the previous year—a total of more than $3,500. Who knows what this year will bring? With the continuing generosity of our members, we are hoping that support will be even greater in 2019.
Donations Stay in their Community
You can stop by any of our seven Central Oregon branches to donate to Holiday Dough through Friday, December 6, 2019. All contributions will stay in the community where they are collected and 100% of the donations will benefit these local agencies:
• Sisters Kiwanis Food Bank – Distributing more than 60,000 pounds of food annually and helping more than 100 families each month, the Sisters Kiwanis food bank offers a shopping-style food pantry to patrons. Donating at Mid Oregon on 703 N Larch Street will provide much needed funds for this holiday season’s needs in Sisters.
• Jericho Road in Redmond, Providing hot meals, food packs, rental and emergency assistance to those in need in the Redmond area. Our SW 17th Pl. branch contributions, which this year we celebrated its 20th Anniversary, will support Jericho Road.
• Crook County Holiday Partnership (Prineville), providing holiday support to seniors, children and families in need in Crook County. Last year over 650 Crook County children received holiday gifts of clothing and toys, Nearly 500 Senior and Disabled persons received clothing and gifts.
• Jefferson County Food Bank (Madras), supplying food to families and individuals. Bring your financial support to our Madras Branch on SE 5th St. (Highway 97 North).
• La Pine Christmas Basket Association, providing food during the Christmas holiday for people in the South Deschutes County area, supported through contributions at our Huntington Rd branch.
• The Giving Plate of Bend, coordinating the Monthly Food Box program, Grab & Go Pantry, Kid’s Korner food bank, and Backpacks for Bend. Donations made at our Olney St. and Cushing Dr. locations in Bend will benefit The Giving Plate.
People Helping People
As mentioned, you can make your donation in any branch or by phone. Your contributions stay in your local community, ensuring that your neighbors have a brighter holiday season.