Mid Oregon has teamed up with Republic Services to provide free, personal shredding for our members and the community. Join us on Saturday, April 17, for our 2021 Free Shred Day!
Support Healthy Beginnings
There is no cost for shredding services. However, Mid Oregon will accept donations to benefit Healthy Beginnings. This local organization offers free health and developmental screenings for children entering kindergarten.
Safe Disposal of Documents
You can be better protected from fraud and identity theft by shredding any personal documents. On Shred Day, bring up to three boxes or bags of personal documents per vehicle. Documents with staples and paper clips are accepted, too! Please note: commercial or business shredding services will not be provided.
On Saturday, April 17, shredding is available at the following Mid Oregon Credit Union locations:
- 9-11 a.m. Bend (2nd and Olney) and Madras branches
- 12-2 p.m. Prineville and Redmond branches
For specific branch location addresses, visit our website.
Free Shred Day will include measures to ensure the safety of volunteers and shred participants, including:
- Staff and volunteers will wear masks and gloves.
- Vehicles will move to the designated location at the branch.
- Participants will place their materials into bins provided on-site.
- Mid Oregon volunteers and the shred operator will take the bin to complete the shredding.
- Lastly, Healthy Beginnings will be on-site to answer any questions. So, you can make cash or check donation that day at their table, or donate online at https://myhb.org/donate.
We look forward to seeing you at our 2021 Free Shred Day on April 17!