Mid Oregon’s Annual Holiday Dough
Each year, Mid Oregon Credit Union’s annual fundraiser, Holiday Dough shows local generosity, of our members and Central Oregon. In 2020 almost $9,000 was raised, the most ever. This year, we are on pace to exceed that amount, with two weeks to go!
Mid Oregon Credit Union is encouraging the communities we serve to contribute to our annual fundraiser, Holiday Dough supporting local charities. The chosen Central Oregon organizations provide food, clothing and shelter for individuals and families in greatest need during the holidays.
If you haven’t already donated, it’s not too late! The needs for this season are greater than ever. With anticipated spending this holiday season to exceed last year by 38%, we hope to surpass last years donations.
Accepting Financial Contributions Through November 30th
Members and the general public can stop by any Mid Oregon branch to make a Holiday Dough donation. You can use cash or check through November 30, 2021. For contactless donations, members can complete the convenient online form at www.midoregon.com. Or you can call our Contact Center at (541) 382-1795. All contributions stay in the community where they are collected. No amount is too big or too small.
One hundred percent of the donations will benefit these local agencies:
• The Giving Plate of Bend, coordinating the Monthly Food Box program, Grow & Give Garden, Kid’s Korner food bank, and Backpacks for Bend.
• La Pine Christmas Basket Association, providing food during the Christmas holiday for people in the South Deschutes County area
• Redmond Jericho Road, Providing hot meals, backpacks of food, emergency and housing assistance to those in need in the Redmond area.
• Jefferson County Food Bank (Madras), supplying food to families and individuals
• Crook County Holiday Partnership—(Prineville), providing holiday support to families with children, senior and disabled citizens in need in Crook County
• Sisters Kiwanis Food Bank – Distributing more than 60,000 pounds of food annually and helping more than 100 families each month, the food bank offers a shopping-style food pantry to patrons.
Living Out “People Helping People”
Giving back to the community is a core value of Mid Oregon Credit Union. It aligns with the credit union philosophy of “people helping people.” Mid Oregon members and the community responded generously during 2020 Holiday Dough effort, donating nearly $9,000 to local holiday food banks.
We appreciate the continued kindness expressed through financial giving our members have shown.
Read more about Mid Oregon’s efforts to support the community in Central Oregon.