Although many things in 2020 haven’t gone according to plan, Mid Oregon members haven’t let that dampen their holiday spirit. Look no further than this year’s Holiday Dough fundraiser, which has already smashed every previous year’s total by several thousand dollars.
Responding to increasing community needs
Traditionally, Mid Oregon’s Holiday Dough fundraiser invites members to make small cash contributions at the branches to assist local food pantries with holiday meals. This year, we predicted the need would be greater—and the branch traffic would be lower.
So we introduced another option. We created an online form to make it easier for members to donate from their homes or offices. And they delivered! So far, members and the Mid Oregon branch teams have contributed more than $6,400. The record for a previous year fundraiser was $3,871 in 2018.
Mid Oregon is proud to partner with these local non-profits to provide holiday meals for local families in need:
- The Giving Plate of Bend, coordinating the Monthly Food Box program, Grow & Give Garden, Kid’s Korner food bank, and Backpacks for Bend.
- La Pine Christmas Basket Association, providing food during the Christmas holiday for people in the South Deschutes County area.
- Redmond Jericho Road, Providing hot meals, backpacks of food, emergency and housing assistance to those in need in the Redmond area.
- Jefferson County Food Bank (Madras), supplying food to families and individuals.
- Crook County Holiday Partnership—(Prineville), providing holiday support to families with children, senior and disabled citizens in need in Crook County.
- Sisters Kiwanis Food Bank – Distributing more than 60,000 pounds of food annually and helping more than 100 families each month, the food bank offers a shopping-style food pantry to patrons.
It’s not too late!
It’s still not too late to donate to Holiday Dough—use our convenient online form to transfer funds from your Mid Oregon account. Or, you can give us a call at 541-382-1795 and we’ll handle it over the phone.
Once again, our members show up to help, so we thank everyone who participated in Holiday Dough in 2020. We appreciate all you do to help local families have a brighter holiday season!