Account Switch Kit
Part 1 of our series highlighting the newest and best features of our recently upgraded website, Account Switch Kit, is the final of our “Website Wednesday” posts.
A Lifetime of Difference
No one really enjoys the process of setting up accounts at a new banking institution, but the differences enjoyed with Mid Oregon as the primary financial institution makes it all worthwhile. According to the September 2015 CUNA (Credit Union National Association) Membership Benefits Report for the State of Oregon, “Oregon Credit Unions provided $115,071,182 in direct financial benefits to the state’s 1.549,712 members during the 12 months ending September 2015. These benefits are equivalent to $74 per member or $141 per member household.” While many Mid Oregon members know they save money by joining and using a local credit union, they often mention friendliness, safety, security and us being very helpful as top reasons they enjoy their relationship.
With the many great ways we benefit members, we are determined to make the process of setting up accounts as easy as possible . Our new Mid Oregon website has a tool that makes the process easier and more straightforward than before.
Three Simple Steps to Switch
Joining Mid Oregon Credit Union is not a difficult process, although members have to qualify (Generally those who live, work, worship or go to school in Deschutes, Jefferson or Crook Counties are eligible, read here for more details). Loans (Once approved) and savings or “share” accounts are generally fairly quick. Checking accounts are usually more complex and this is where the “Switch Kit” is the most helpful. Three steps are outlined:
- Open a New Membership Account. As we shared above, for Central Oregon residents this is very straightforward.
- Fill out, print and mail the forms available on the page. This is the most complex part of the process given our commitment to your security and privacy, but the downloadable Checklist keeps things straight and references the other forms available.
- Close your account at your old financial institution.
Our branch staff can walk you through the process, and our Contact Center can answer question via the phone- (541) 382-1795 or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). But for the do-it-yourselfer, the Account Switch Kit webpage is a comprehensive guide.
Website Wednesday- Ten Mid Oregon Website Features:
- Account Switch Kit
- Easy, Safe &Secure-Online Services
- Employment: “I love the people I work with.”
- Preventing Fraud: CardNav by CO-OP
- Convenience and Accessibility: ATM Locations
- Protect Yourself: Security and Fraud Center
- Helping you find the right car at the right price-AutoSmart
- Financial Calculators