Each of the last many, many years, Mid Oregon has teamed up with Republic Services to provide free personal shredding for our members and the community. The first Saturday after taxes were due around April 15 was a popular and practical time for the event. This year, COVID-19, and the subsequent change in the tax due date, caused us to cancel the event in April. However, based on state guidelines and timing, we have rescheduled the event for July 18: Free Shred Day is happening!
Supporting Healthy Beginnings!
Although the shredding services are provided at no cost, Mid Oregon will still be accepting donations to benefit Healthy Beginnings. Healthy Beginnings offers no-cost health and developmental screenings for preschoolers to ensure local children enter kindergarten ready to learn. Learn more about Healthy Beginnings at www.myhb.org.
Safely Dispose of Sensitive Documents
Shredding personal documents helps Central Oregonians stay protected from fraud and identity theft. This free event is intended for private residential document shredding only—no commercial or business shredding provided. Shredding is limited to 3 boxes or bags per vehicle. Personal documents with staples and paper clips are accepted. On Saturday July 18, you can participate at four Mid Oregon Credit Union locations:
9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Bend Olney Branch – 202 NE Olney Avenue (near Black Bear Diner)
- Madras Branch – 395 SE Fifth Street (at Fifth and “F” Streets)
12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Redmond Branch – 2625 SW 17th Place (next to Bi-Mart)
- Prineville Branch – 305 NE Hickey Farms Road (in front of Bi-Mart)
Additional Important Information
Ensuring the safety of our volunteers and shred participants, and complying with social distancing requirements, enables us to be sure Free Shred Day is happening. We are putting the following steps in place:
- Staff and Volunteers will wear masks and gloves
- Vehicles will move to the designated location at the branch
- People bringing shredding will place their own materials into the bins provided on site
- Mid Oregon staff and the shred operator will take the bin to complete the shredding
- To support Healthy Beginnings donations, a jar will be on a table, with a HB representative stationed nearby. They will answer questions about their no cost health and developmental screenings for local preschool children.
- Participants can drop cash or check donations in the jar- all are appreciated! Online donations can also be made.