Our Holiday Dough branch fundraiser concluded at the end of November, and the amounts raised were the most ever. With the donations received, we achieved a record breaking Holiday Dough through the generosity of our members and local community!
Closing In On $9,000 in Donations
Our branches collected $8,931.72 in donations, exceeding last year’s previous record of $8,691, and nearing three times 2019’s fundraising total of $3,480. We received donations ranging from a few pennies, all the way up to $500 donations by individuals and businesses.
In this year of uncertainty, we were gratified by our member’s and community’s generosity and willingness to give. For two difficult years in a row, they have risen to the challenge, and to the need.
Many Smaller Donations Help Record Breaking Holiday Dough
Traditionally, Mid Oregon’s Holiday Dough fundraiser invites members to make small cash contributions at the branches to assist local food pantries with holiday meals. And that was again the case, with hundreds of smaller donations. In our La Pine Branch alone, 169 people contributed to the record breaking Holiday Dough branch total of $4,000 of donations: an amazing amount and number of participants.
In 2020 we introduced another option. We launched an online form to make it easier for members to donate without having to visit a branch. In using the form, you came through again this year!
We also had several large donors, with $500 donations each being made in Prineville, Madras, La Pine and Sisters. We are thankful for all of the generous donors, with large and small amounts!
Supporting Non-Profits Around Central Oregon
Mid Oregon was proud to partner with these local non-profits to provide holiday meals for local families in need:
- Bend (Olney and E Bend) – The Giving Plate services include: Monthly Food Box program, Grab & Go Pantry, Kid’s Korner food bank, & Backpacks for Bend.
- Redmond – Jericho Road providing shelter, food and clothing to those in need within the Redmond area
- Madras – Jefferson County Food Bank supplying food to families and individuals
- Prineville – Crook County Holiday Partnership providing holiday support to seniors, children and families in need in Crook County
- La Pine – La Pine Christmas Basket Association providing food during the Christmas holiday for people in the South Deschutes County area
- Sisters – Sisters Kiwanis Food Bank giving food vouchers, holiday children’s gifts, and more to local families
In spite of the record breaking Holiday Dough fundraiser, the needs continue. To help fill those needs, please contact each of those organizations if you would like to continue to support their efforts in 2022!